Here are the morning papers for the third round playoff teams:Eastern Conference:
Pittsburgh (2) versus Philadelphia (6):
- Dave Molinari of the Post-Gazette talks about the unexpected contributions of Adam Hall to the success of the Penguins in the playoffs. Hall , who did not crack the playoff roster until Roberts went down with an injury in the first-round, plays a central role in the the Penguins' penalty killing unit that is tops among the four remaining playoff teams.
- Daniel Briere attributes much of his success in the NHL to Huge Girard, the 5-time winner of Canada's Strongest Man competition, writes Phil Sheridan.
- After playing very inconsistent hockey all year, the Flyers feel that their 4-2 win over the Devils to secure a playoff spot in the second last game of the season was the real turning point for them. They are now a very confident team heading into their conference final match up with the Penguins.
Detroit (1) versus Dallas (5):
- After two tough series and a 7 period marathon game on Sunday night, the Stars were given a well-deserved day off on Monday. However, the players were looking forward to getting back on the ice and are confident that they have what it takes to beat the Wings.
- Despite the fact that Turco has a career record of 2-10-5 against the Wings and has never won a game at Joe Louis Arena, the Wings fully expect Turco to continue to be at the top of his game writes Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press.