- The Sabres put the hurt on the Thrashers 6-0. The Sabres converted 4 of 7 powerplays and received great goaltending from Ryan Miller as he had 20 saves for the shutout. Tim Conolly was money with 1 goal and 2 assists.
- Attention! Ottawa is undefeated no more. The Carolina Hurricanes are the first to beat the Sens. It was a big game for the Eric's, Staal with 3 points and Cole with 2 goals. The 'Canes blow over the Sens 5-3.
- I have to give mad props to the Maple Leafs; after getting severely blown out on Tuesday and receiving an abundance of criticism from the Toronto media, they came out and LAID THE SMACK DOWN on the New York Islanders 7-1. The Islanders were 3-1 coming into this game and their top line of Comrie-Guerin-Fedotenko was extremely effective. Mats Sundin passed Darryl Sittler to become the all time Maple Leaf leader in goals and points. Matt Stajan is the MONSTER of the night, delivers 4 points for the Leafs
- The Florida Panthers shut out Brent Sutter's New Jersey Devils 3-0. Offseason accquisition Tomas Vokun had 29 saves in the shutout. Nathan Horton nets the winner on the powerplay
- Nashville loses their 2nd game in two nights, they go down to the Coyotes 3-6.
Friday, October 12, 2007
Posted by remis at 1:04 AM