- Montreal wins a wild one over Carolina 7 - 4. It was Carolina's first loss in regulation; the Canes were unable to stay out of the penalty box and it cost them as Montreal scored four times with the man advantage. BEAST of the night Thomas Plekanec had 4 points for the Habs.
- After snapping a five game losing skid on Wednesday, Washington may be primed to start a new losing streak as they lost 3 -2 to the struggling Canucks. Chris Clark did have two assists for the Caps, and since he moved to the first line with Alexander Ovechkin the feisty winger has recorded four points in two games. Unfortunately for Clark, he had to leave last night's game after taking an Alexander Ovechkin slapshot to the head.
- Detroit pummeled San Jose 5 - 1 last night. After allowing 15 shots to Vancouver in their last game, the Wings were even better at preventing shots last night by only allowing the high-powered Sharks to tally eleven shots on Wings' backup Chris Osgood who moved to 4-0 with a 1.50 GAA. Meanwhile, Henrik Zetterberg continues to light the lamp; the Swedish star scored twice and he now has 20 points on the year.
- Ryan Miller stopped 33 of 35, as Buffalo defeats Florida 4 - 2. The winning goal was scored by Drew Stafford after the puck bounced high in the air over the net Thomas Vokoun had no idea where it was and Dan Paille tried to bat it into the net and missed, but the puck went behind Vokoun and into the net. If Paille had touched the puck above the crossbar it would not have been a goal.
- Ryan Smyth scores 23 seconds into overtime to give Colorado the 3 - 2 win over Calgary. Joe Sakic scored his 1,600th career point and Joel Quenville notched his 400th career victory.
4:00pm PHI@BOS (pushed up early for all you Sox fans out there)
7:00pm MTL@PIT, OTT@NJ, CAR@NYI, TOR@NYR,
8:30pm WSH@STL, ATL@CHI
10:00pm DAL@PHX, EDM@LA