***** Illegal Curve is no longer posting at this address. Visit us at our new location http://www.illegalcurve.com
*****

Monday, November 19, 2007

Life in Pro Hockey with Rob Schremp (Second Entry)

Note: Periodically throughout the season, Oilers' prospect and current Springfield Falcons' winger Rob Schremp will provide Illegal Curve readers with a unique insight into the world of professional hockey.

For the second entry, we are going to do a Q & A with Rob about his season in Springfield so far.

Here are five quick questions with Rob Schremp:

Richard: How do you enjoy playing for Kelly Buchberger as a head coach?

Rob: This year has been great with Bucky he has given my some freedom to be creative and make offensive plays but still makes sure that I am good in my own end.

Richard: What part of your game would you say needs the most work right now?

Rob: I'd say probably my speed needs to improve, as far as my first three strides are concerned.

Richard: How have you enjoying running the powerplay in Springfield?

Rob: The power play has been something that I have been known for ever since I played for Dale Hunter in London. So running the powerplay in Springfield is something that is expected of me and is a big part of my game.

Richard: Would you say it has helped the team to have all of the Oilers' prospects playing on one team in the AHL this season, as opposed to having players play on multiple teams last season?

Rob: I think it benefits our team just because it gives us a chance to develop some chemistry with one other and maybe form some future line combinations.

Richard: Lastly, who has been the best player you have come up against in the AHL this season and why?

Rob: I would say that has to be Gabe Gauthier from Manchester. He always makes plays with the puck and he is always a good option for his linemates.

Ballhype: hype it up!

No comments: