Euro Curve takes a look at the latest international hockey headlines.
Writers Note: My apologies for not posting the Morning Papers yesterday. I just couldn't find time to peel myself away from my Advertising textbook. By the way, I aced the exam! Alas, here is a Euro Curve post to wet your appetite. Morning Papers will be back Wednesday, with yours truly, while Richy P will be back in his regular role starting next Monday.
- Everyone must pick up The Hockey News this week (December 18, 2007 issue with a handsome Nicklas Lidstrom on the cover). The entire issue is dedicated to the Euro game, and explores the all-time best European players, profiles the major leagues, and discusses the future of the international game.
- There is an interesting article about Fabian Brunnstrom, a 22-year-old Swede who is tearing up the Swedish Elite League for Farjestad. He is drawing comparisons to fellow countrymen Henrik Zetterberg and Mikael Samuelsson. Writer Ken Campbell also mentions these four players as showstoppers overseas:
- Defenseman Victor Hedman (Kyle Kosior was on top of this weeks ago)
- Right Winger Alexei Morozov (used to love scoring goals for the Penguins)
- Rearguard Danny Markov (how is he not in the NHL?)
- LW Nikolai Kulemin (The Next One, as in Next Ponikarovsky)
For Illegal Curve, I'm Ezra Ginsburg.