***** Illegal Curve is no longer posting at this address. Visit us at our new location http://www.illegalcurve.com
*****

Monday, June 30, 2008

Rolston still looking forward to July 1

From Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star Tribune:

"Whether we get something done with Tampa or not, we haven't talked to Tampa yet. We have 24 hours," Rolston said in a phone interview. "But as far as I'm concerned, it's no different today than it was yesterday. I'm a free agent July 1. I wanted to go to July 1 and see where I'm at in the NHL market. This is the last
time I might become a free agent."

Read more about the Rolston trade here.

As I said last night, why did Tampa give away a draft pick for 24 extra hours of exclusive negotiating? If the team's offers are so strong, then why not just wait the extra day and throw money at Rolston? From the sounds of it, Rolston is going to explore his options after July 1.

Ballhype: hype it up!

No comments: