***** Illegal Curve is no longer posting at this address. Visit us at our new location http://www.illegalcurve.com
*****

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Getting to know Anze Kopitar

From Rich Hammond of the L.A. Daily News:

Question: Tell me a little bit about the difference in two NHL seasons for you, the one of a rookie sensation and the one of a sophomore expected to provide scoring and leadership.

Kopitar: Well, it was definitely different, but I think the guys let me know that they were really comfortable around me and that's how I felt too. The first year coming in, you know I wasn't really sure what was going on when I made the team and everyone was helping and giving advice, which was really cool. Now this year my expectations and probably everyone's expectations were a lot higher. I think it (leadership) is something I expect, and I see myself as a leader and I think other people do too and I think that is great.

Read the entire interview from Inside the Kings here.

Interesting read. Kopitar isn't as well known to non-hardcore NHL fans as he should be. The big youngster is a tower of power, with terrific hands and he is one of the next generation of NHL stars.

Ballhype: hype it up!

No comments: