Here are the morning papers from the Northeast Division:
- Sabres GM Darcy Regier is looking to move up in the draft, writes John Vogl.
- The Bruins have a couple of names that they are hoping are available at 16. Meanwhile, apparently Cam Neely enjoys the draft process.
- Bryan McCabe won't waive his no-trade clause and the Leafs won't buy him out, so it looks like he'll be in Toronto. Want advice on how to turnaround the Leafs? Listen to Don Cherry. The Leafs acquired Toronto native Jamal Mayers last night.
- The Habs could look to deal their first-rounder for an accomplished forward, writes Pat Hickey.
- Bryan Murray denies that a trade involving Jason Spezza is in the works. Here are some other tidbits involving the Senators, courtesy of Don Brennan.