Here are the morning papers from the Northeast Division:
- Mats Sundin's days as a Maple Leaf are over, writes Damien Cox. Meanwhile, the Leafs were hoping to start a new chapter last night with the selection of Luke Schenn.
- Friday was a busy day for Bob Gainey, as he acquired Alex Tanguay from the Flames and word came out that he is negotiating a deal with Mats Sundin; Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette has all the details.
- Erik Karlsson was ecstatic to become a Senator last night, writes Bruce Garrioch. In other Sens news, see you later Ray Emery.
- The Bruins selected Joe Colborne last night, whose game has been compared to former Bruin Joe Thornton. If the Bruins want to make a big splash on the free agent market, they will need some cap space, writes Fluto Shinwaza.
- The Sabres are hoping Tyler Myers can live up to the Zdeno Chara comparisons.