***** Illegal Curve is no longer posting at this address. Visit us at our new location http://www.illegalcurve.com
*****

Friday, June 6, 2008

Panthers coaching search continues

From George Richards of the Miami Herald:

First off, the Panthers have asked for and been granted permission to speak to Paul Maurice (Toronto) and Perry Pearn (Rangers assistant). Martin has already had a conversation with Maurice, done when JM was at the team's development camp outside of Toronto.

"I've talked to Paul when I was there,'' he said. "I just had a meeting with him. It was a good meeting, but there are a couple more people I want to talk to.

"I don't have a timetable yet, but I'd like to pick up the pace in the coming week.''

We spoke a little bit about Andre Savard, with JM saying the two are friends. As far as him coming south to the Florida, I don't think it's going to be as coach. Jacques said Savard is very good in the scouting department and some reports I've seen imply that Savard wants to get back in the front office and back from behind the bench.


Read the entire entry from On Frozen Pond here.

I would like to see Martin give someone new a coaching try. A coach like Perry Pearn is someone who deserves to get a chance to run his own team. Fresh faces bring a new perspective and personality to the game and the NHL could use more of that.

Ballhype: hype it up!

No comments: