***** Illegal Curve is no longer posting at this address. Visit us at our new location http://www.illegalcurve.com
*****

Friday, July 25, 2008

Brylin has agreed to terms with KHL team

From Rich Chere of the Newark Star-Ledger:

Sergei Brylin, the classy three-time Stanley Cup champion, returned to New Jersey today to pick up his personal effects before heading to Russia to sign a three-year contract with St. Petersburg of the Continental League.

"I haven't technically signed," Brylin told me, "but we've agreed to terms. I've heard good things about the team. Igor Larionov will be involved with the team. Maybe it's a change I needed. Being here for so long, I wouldn't say it puts you to sleep, but I got used to things. This will shake things up."

Read the entire article here.

Brylin was an important part of all three Stanley Cup championship teams and was really one of the more underrated players in the NHL during his entire career.

Ballhype: hype it up!

No comments: