***** Illegal Curve is no longer posting at this address. Visit us at our new location http://www.illegalcurve.com
*****

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

After a season away, Ryder happy to be back with Flames organization

From Randy Sportak of the Calgary Sun:

The Flames, he said, didn't exert any pressure.

"They were great with it. They helped me a lot. It's good to have people around like that," he said. "They just let me take the time I needed and be ready for the next year."

How ready he'll be remains to be seen.

A season away is going to have an impact, but he said he doesn't feel too rusty.

"Ever since I've been on skates again, it felt fine. No games, nothing competitive. Probably lost a little bit of development, but I wouldn't say too much," said Ryder, who skates a few times over the winter. "Getting back on the ice, it's good. I'm looking forward to a good camp and getting it going."

Read the entire article here.

Ryder certainly has the skill level to help the Flames in the future. Letting the youngster have some time to himself may actually have been best for the franchise long-term.

Ballhype: hype it up!

No comments: