***** Illegal Curve is no longer posting at this address. Visit us at our new location http://www.illegalcurve.com
*****

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Commodore doesn't think he's is that overpaid

From Tom Reed of the Columbus Dispatch:

Some critics, however, say the Jackets overpaid for a defenseman with 14 career goals and 49 assists in seven seasons spanning 296 games. The Hockey News labeled it the fourth-worst signing of the summer.

"I'll be the first to admit I got a very good contract for myself," Commodore said. "I know (NBC and TSN analyst) Pierre McGuire ran his mouth up there, which is no shocker. I don't set the market. If you take what I've done in the last three years and take my comparables ... I don't think by any stretch of the imagination it was an unfair contract."

Read the entire story here.

Say what you want about this contract, but Commodore will bring strong leadership skills, a willingness to compete and playoff experience to a young squad.

Ballhype: hype it up!

No comments: