***** Illegal Curve is no longer posting at this address. Visit us at our new location http://www.illegalcurve.com
*****

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Viktor Tikhonov has a blog

Phoenix Coyotes draft pick Viktor Tikhonov is the latest in a long line of players, coaches and other personnel to get their own blog at the Hockey News.

My agent told me there was a chance I would be drafted in the first round, so I went into Friday hoping for the best and Phoenix took me 28th overall. A lot went through my head when I heard my name called: happiness, adrenaline – so many things.

After you put the jersey on and go up on stage, it’s just the beginning. There’s an interview with your new team (for me it was with Darren Pang), then you pose for 20-30 pictures and get your own media scrum.

Once that was finished, I headed off to the Phoenix Coyotes’ team suite. The room was packed. All the scouts, GM Don Maloney, fellow first-rounder Mikkel Boedker; everyone was in there.

When the first round was finished, I stuck around a bit longer and went back on stage to take pictures with family and friends. I even have a shot of me pointing to my name on the big board. It was pretty cool.

On the heels of the draft, I flew back to my home in California for about half a day before jetting to Phoenix for the team’s prospect camp.
I eagerly await my turn at blogging for the Hockey News about my season with the UND Law Hockey Team.

Ballhype: hype it up!

No comments: