***** Illegal Curve is no longer posting at this address. Visit us at our new location http://www.illegalcurve.com
*****

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Havlat's health improving

From Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune:

Winger Martin Havlat traveled from the Czech Republic to attend the convention and said rehabilitation on his surgically repaired right shoulder is going well.

"It has been four months, and I still have two months before camp starts," said Havlat, who was limited to 35 games last season after twice injuring the shoulder and undergoing surgery for a second time. "I should be 100 percent. We took it slower than the other two surgeries. This time I didn't have to push it.

"It's going to be important to stay healthy the whole year. I'm doing everything I can to be that way. I'm doing the rehab the right way, and hopefully everything's going to be all right next year. I'm pretty confident right now, but I guess we'll see when the games start."

Read more news about the Blackhawks here.

Havlat has all the talent in the world, but the Hawks really can't expect him to play more than half of the team's 82 game schedule next year. In fact, he hasn't played over 56 games since 2003-04. So, if he stays healthy and plays a majority of the team's games, that will be a huge bonus for the talented Hawks squad.

Ballhype: hype it up!

No comments: