***** Illegal Curve is no longer posting at this address. Visit us at our new location http://www.illegalcurve.com
*****

Monday, July 21, 2008

Learning to Play Hockey

Naples News sportswriter Angela Busch kept a diary of her quest to learn to play hockey. Check it out here.

MAY 8

There’s no time to rest, though, because today is another day of academy. I felt pretty good about my skating at Wednesday’s private lesson, but with the more experienced women at academy, I get a reality check. Forget about transitions or handling the puck consistently,

I still can’t keep up with backward skating.

Still, I’m able to make it through the hour despite my soreness. Maybe it’s just that this is a new sport, but I’m never ready to quit skating when the hour ends. I’m starting to see what all these Canadians love about their national sport.

Ballhype: hype it up!

No comments: