***** Illegal Curve is no longer posting at this address. Visit us at our new location http://www.illegalcurve.com
*****

Friday, July 18, 2008

Red Berenson isn't very happy with Pacioretty's decision to turn pro

From Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette:

Pacioretty, who acknowledged Berenson wasn't pleased with his decision, praised the coach.

"I talked to him before and he talked to me about the pros and cons about either decision," the 19-year-old said.

"A couple of days later, I ended up signing, making the decision to leave. I really took into consideration what he had to tell me. He's a great coach. He's probably the best coach I ever played for."

Read the entire story here.

As Berenson knows, leaving school early is becoming far more commonplace in NCAA sports than it ever has. With Pacioretty excelling at the team's summer development camp, it is really no surprise that he has decided to turn pro. By all accounts, he is going to be a very good NHL player.

Ballhype: hype it up!

No comments: