Here are the morning papers for the Eastern Conference non-playoff teams:
- It was the Sabres' lack of experience that cost them down the stretch, writes John Vogl.
- The Hurricances have sent Tim Conboy and Jeff Hamilton to the AHL for the Calder Cup Playoffs.
- He may be in Dallas now, but Brad Richards still keeps his tabs on all that goes on with the Lightning, writes Erik Erlendsson.
- The Leafs season over but Jiri Tlusty is still playing with the Marlies, and playing well at that.
- It looks like Ted Nolan will be back behind the bench for the Islanders next fall.
Here are the morning papers for the Western Conference non-playoff teams:
- There a number of Blues prospects playing this weekend at the Frozen Four.
- The Oilers also have some top prospects suiting up in Denver this weekend at the NCAA Championships.
- Both Patrick O'Sullivan and Dustin Brown have been selected to represent Team USA at the World Championships.
- Jim Gintonio of the Arizona Republic provides readers with Coyotes President Doug Moss' thoughts on the future.
For Illegal Curve, I'm Richard Pollock.
Email any thoughts, ideas or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org