***** Illegal Curve is no longer posting at this address. Visit us at our new location http://www.illegalcurve.com
*****

Friday, July 11, 2008

Demitra excited to be with Canucks

From Ben Kuzma of the Vancouver Province:

"I just have to play with the right guys and I just like to have freedom on the ice. I played my best hockey in St. Louis with guys like [Keith] Tkachuk and [Scott] Mellanby -- guys who always want to be the best. Guys who drive to net and work hard and guys who give me the puck as soon as possible.

"Put the right guys together and everything else will work."

Read the entire article here.

Good signing by Vancouver. Demitra may be 33, but he still has something left in the tank. Plus, he only signed a 2 year pact so the risk isn't very high. If the Canucks can add one more scorer to their top-six forwards, then they could be a very, very dangerous team next season.

Ballhype: hype it up!

No comments: