***** Illegal Curve is no longer posting at this address. Visit us at our new location http://www.illegalcurve.com
*****

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Looks like Bolts are shopping Boyle

From Erik Erlendsson of the Tampa Tribune:

The more I keep hearing about Dan Boyle, I’m convinced that the rumors are indeed true and he is being actively being shopped around the league. I asked around about it tonight and didn’t get any kind of a hard denial at this point. It makes sense to me since the new ownership wanted to deal him at the trade deadline before compromising and allowing Jay Feaster to sign him to a six-year extension. The team is on the lookout for a “mid-level’’ defenseman, which means they are looking to move at least one if not two or three bodies off the blue line before the season starts. And with all the payroll added over the weekend, maybe they feel they need to pare it back some by trading Boyle and bring back a player or two who is cheaper.

Read more from Bolts Report here.

I couldn't be more confused. First off, in my opinion, Boyle is better than any player the Bolts have brought in over the last week. Secondly, why is the team looking to trade their best defenseman when they are so weak on defense in the first place? Am I missing something here? Forget his salary, he is substantially better than anyone they have right now.

Ballhype: hype it up!

No comments: