***** Illegal Curve is no longer posting at this address. Visit us at our new location http://www.illegalcurve.com
*****

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Nolan and Snow feuding on the Island

From Greg Logan of Newsday:

Contacted recently at the hockey camp he runs in Ontario, Nolan was asked if he's confident he will be coaching the Islanders when training camp begins in mid-September. "I'm confident in my ability to coach," Nolan said. "I know I've got one year left on my contract, and I'm going to make it the best year of my coaching career. Hopefully, it will get me another one."

To date, Nolan has received no assurances from the organization that he will be the coach. Snow, who declined comment, is emphasizing the development of young players as opposed to acquiring the veterans Nolan prefers.

Read the entire article here.

If Snow doesn't believe Nolan will play the team's youngsters enough, he is better off bringing in a new coach who will develop these players and build towards the future. The Islanders, as currently constructed, are nowhere near a playoff team and are building for a couple years down the road.

Never mind the fact that the two have been squabbling over other issues as well. In my opinion, this issue needs to be resolved prior to the season, otherwise a circus atmosphere will set in at training camp and the team's focus will be shifted away from the rink.

Ballhype: hype it up!

No comments: