***** Illegal Curve is no longer posting at this address. Visit us at our new location http://www.illegalcurve.com
*****

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Saying bye to Jeff Finger

From Adrian Dater of the Denver Post:

The point is, the Jeff Finger I saw is a nice fifth or sixth D-man. Not a No. 1, 2 or 3, as the Leafs seem to think he is. And certainly not worth that kind of money. I mean, Jeff Finger is now making more than Adam Foote, people. Think about that for a second.

The Jeff Finger I saw looked out of gas at the end of his shift too many times, to the point where all he could do was stand there and watch the play. A lot of people have pointed to the ice time he got (19:57 per game) and wondered what the hell I’m talking about. How can a guy who allegedly runs out of gas so easily play so much? All I can say is, that’s what I noticed.


Read more from All Thing Avs here.

Dater is a guy who covered the Avalanche all season. I will take his word for it.

Ballhype: hype it up!

No comments: