***** Illegal Curve is no longer posting at this address. Visit us at our new location http://www.illegalcurve.com
*****

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Torres is eager to get back on the ice

From Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch:

Raffi Torres needs a little time each morning for his surgically repaired right knee to "get loose," and he's anxiously awaiting Wednesday or Thursday, when he'll skate for the first time in six months.

But Blue Jackets fans need not worry, said Torres, acquired in a July 1 trade with Edmonton for Gilbert Brule.

"When I'm healthy, I'm definitely going to let Columbus know when I'm on the ice," Torres said. "I'm going to put it all on the line. People are going to know when I'm out there. That's just how I play.

Read the rest of the story here.

Torres should a nice physical element to the Blue Jackets' forward corps. His willingness to play the body and get into the dirty areas should be a welcome addition for this Ken Hitchcock led team.

Ballhype: hype it up!

No comments: