***** Illegal Curve is no longer posting at this address. Visit us at our new location http://www.illegalcurve.com
*****

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Voracek looking to crack the Blue Jackets line up

From Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch:

The Blue Jackets expect the bulked-up Voracek to stick in the NHL this season, most likely playing on the third line with left winger Jason Chimera and center Michael Peca.

"They sent me back to junior (league) last year because I wasn't strong enough," Voracek said. "I'm stronger now. One-on-one and two-on-two drills, or when I have the puck down along by the boards, I can tell I am stronger already, for sure."

Voracek, who stands 6 feet 1, weighed 181 pounds when he reported to training camp last September. He now weighs 202, the Jackets say, and his overall fitness -- not just his physique -- is dramatically improved.

Read the entire article here.

By all accounts, Voracek is going to be a tremendous hockey player. Now that he has the frame to go along with his high skill-level, it wouldn't be surprising to see him on one of the team's top two lines by season's end.

Ballhype: hype it up!

No comments: