***** Illegal Curve is no longer posting at this address. Visit us at our new location http://www.illegalcurve.com
*****

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Witt flattered by Islanders

From Greg Logan of Newsday:

Witt wondered, too, which is why the decision by general manager Garth Snow and owner Charles Wang to give him a two-year extension worth $6 million that will keep him on Long Island through the 2010-11 season is so meaningful. “I was surprised when they told me,” Witt said last night from his summer home in Florida. “I was like, ‘Wow.’ Most teams, the way they operate is they don’t make that decision until Christmas when they realize which direction the team is going, and they ask what you can get for them.

“Snowy has always complimented me on the way I play, the ‘warrior-type mentality.’ I appreciate that, and I appreciate Charles agreeing to do it, too. That shows a lot of loyalty, which you do not find in major league sports too often. It’s really nice. I’m honored. They didn’t have to do anything at all, but they chose to and that shows a lot of commitment to me.”

Read the entire entry from On the Islanders Beat here.

The Islanders obviously consider Witt and integral part of the team and have treated him as such.

Ballhype: hype it up!

No comments: